The most basic thing you can give to someone on Valentines Day is chocolate covered strawberries.. Let’s step the V-Day dessert game tf up with these CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRY TRUFFLES. They’re almost too good to be true.
You will need a food processor or good blender for these!
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 6 medium-large fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup freeze dried strawberries (will work without these too, just add another fresh strawberry or two instead)
- 2 tbs coconut butter or oil
- 3-4 dates
- 2 tbs coconut cream or full fat coconut milk*** see notes
- 3 tbs coconut flour
- 1 tbs almond butter (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips or 1 large baking bar (I use Eating Evolved unsweetened chocolate)
- Add all ingredients besides the chocolate to a food processor.
- Blend until everything is well combines. Stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Once combined, let the “batter” sit for a few minutes, either on the counter or in fridge.
- Roll mixture into balls, place on plate/tray and put in freezer for 10 mins.
- After 10 mins, melt chocolate take balls out of the freezer.
- Using a spoon/fork dip the truffles into the chocolate.
- Store in fridge / freezer and enjoy!
* Macadamia nuts would be a yummy substitute for cashews too!
**If you don’t have coconut cream or milk, you can skip that part and it will yield the same results. Maybe add another date or coconut butter for sweetness,
***If you make these and feel the “batter” is too wet, add more coconut flour in. And instead of sitting them on the counter before rolling into balls, place in freezer for a few.
- If you’re unsure of what coconut cream is, it comes in a can where the canned coconut milk is and can be found at pretty much any grocery store
- I topped mine with crushed freeze dried strawberries, but chopped nuts, cacao nibs, coconut flakes, or granola would be delish!!
Don’t forget to tag me in your creations! @actually_alexandra