Chocolate pudding pie. Chocolate cream pie? Whatever you call it.. IT’S DAMN GOOD. It’s my favorite at the Thanksgiving dessert table so I figured – why not make a healthified version? This baby is gluten, soy, and dairy free and has no refined sugar. It’s also paleo!! How much healthier can a pie get?!
Chocolate “Pudding” Pie
- 2 cups almond flour OR 1 1/4 cup almond flour. (Less flour = thinner crust. I like my crust thin, so up to you!)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbs coconut oil, or grass-fed butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 heaping tsp nutmeg
- A TON of cinnamon. Like 1 tbs or so
- pinch of salt
- Optional: honey to sweeten
FOR THE “PUDDING”
- 1 large avocado
- 2 large, ripe bananas.
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 scoop vital proteins beef gelatin (optional, will yield thicker “pudding”)
- Optional: Honey to sweeten. Or dates (soaked in hot water for 10 mins)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place all crust ingredients in a bowl and mix. (I start with a spoon and finish with my hands.. it’s easier)
- Press dough into 9 inch pie dish
- Bake for 12 mins
- While dough bakes, place all ingredients for the pudding in a food processor and process until everything is well combined
- Let dough cool. Fill pie with pudding
- Optional: top with whipped cream or coconut whipped cream.
*If you want to make mini pies, follow the same steps above but use a muffin tin and press the crust into the molds*
For whipped creams here are healthier ones:
So Delicious cocowhip topping – like a dairy free cool whip with way better ingredients and so good!!
Homemade dairy free whipped cream – homemade whipped cream using coconut milk/coconut cream is my favorite. I make it all the time and it’s super easy!
If you’re feelin crazy.. add a layer of peanut butter or almond butter to the mini pies. TO DIE FOR.
As always.. let me know if you give these a try! And tag me on Instagram @actually_alexandra