Homemade almond butter has been my freaking JAM (butter!??!) lately. Store bought just isn’t cutting it for me. Making your own almond butter can sound intimidating/time consuming.. but it takes 5 mins and is super easy and delicious! Try fo yoself!
- 2 cups almonds
- 2 tbs – 1/4 cup coconut oil (more oil = creamier results)
- 1ish tbs cinnamon
- 1/4 heaping tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 date (tip: run it under really hot water for a min to make it easier to blend!!)
- Roast almonds in the oven for 10-12 mins at 350F (you can skip this step, but it will help turn it into almond butter quicker once blending and I like the taste roasting gives it)
- Place *warm* almonds in a food processor and combine. After a minute, add the coconut oil.
- Continue processing until creamy. Scrape down sides every minute or so (Keep repeating this process until everything is smooth and creamy. Depending on the amount of coconut oil you add it should only take a minute)
- Once creamy, add seasonings/date. Process for a minute until everything is combined.
- Store in a mason jar or reuse an old almond butter jar and ENJOY *I keep mine in the cabinet, but you can also store it in the fridge!*