Coffee. GAME CHANGER!! I’ve created the perfect dairy free creamer that’s just subtly sweet – making your coffee creamy and delicious and giving it just a subtle touch of sweetness.. aka it still tastes like coffee, not straight up SUGAR! It’s dairy free, and only gets it’s sweetness naturally from dates – as opposed to the ones in the grocery store that are stocked full of sugar & ingredients your body doesn’t even recognize!!
AND it comes with a bonus recipe at the end: coffee-chip pecan bites!!
Dairy Free Caramelly Pecan Coffee Creamer
Sorry that’s a mouth full – LOL
*You will need to soak Pecans overnight for this recipe (at least 8 hours)*
Items needed: Blender, nut milk bag or cheese cloth, mason jar or bottle for storing!
- 1 cup Pecans, soaked overnight
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (canned)
- 3-6 dates *this just depends on your preferred level of sweetness, I find that I don’t even need the dates!*
- optional: 1 TBS almond butter
- optional: 1 tsp – 1 TBS ghee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pink himalayan salt
*I say optional for the ghee and almond butter, but personally I think it tastes so much yummier with those additions!*
*I use 1/2 cup coconut milk*
- Soak pecans 8 hours or longer
- Drain and rinse pecans. Discard the liquid that they soaked in
- In a blender, add the pecans and 3 cups of filtered water and blend for a few minutes until creamy
- Strain. Using a nut milk bag, pour “milk” in and strain out into glass jar (There will be leftover “pulp” in the bag)
- Place the pecan milk back into blender
- Add all other ingredients and blend for a few minutes until everything is combined. *Dates are easiest to blend if you run them under hot water for a minute*
- Store in a mason jar in the fridge and enjoy it in your coffee!
IMPORTANT NOTE: you may notice some “floaties” in the creamer after refrigerating. It’s just the coconut milk – I always blend my coffee, which is why this recipe works for me!