These lemony, coconutty, bliss balls only have 5 ingredients! All you need is a food processor to make em (or a blender) and you’re good to go! I feel like lemon and coconut is such an underrated flavor combo. Or maybe I’m the one underrating it because I NEVER go for lemony desserts.. but THEY’RE SO GOOD! and so refreshing!! Try em out!
Lemon Coconut Bliss Balls
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1 cup coconut shred/flakes (plus more for coating, if desired)
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil
- Juice and zest of 1/2 of a lemon*
- 2-4 dates**
- Optional ingredients:
- 2 tbs coconut butter
- 1 scoop collagen peptides
- 1 tbs maca powder
*Use a small – medium lemon. If you use too much juice/zest it’ll be too lemony. You can just start by adding a little and taste test!
**I use 2 dates and it makes it sweet enough for me. If you like things sweeter, use more dates. 1-2 tbs of honey would also work.
- Soak dates in hot water for 10 mins
- Place everything in a food processor or good quality blender
- Blend until everything is well combined, only takes about 3-5 mins.
- If mixture seems too wet to roll into balls, place in fridge for 10 mins*
- Roll into balls, coat with extra coconut shavings if desired
- Store in fridge + enjoy!
*If you leave the mixture in the fridge too long before rolling into balls, it will harden. That’s OKAY! You can either leave it to sit out on the counter for a while, or microwave for a few seconds! Then roll into balls.
This recipe has been such a refreshing pick me up snack on these hot days, and I hope you guys like em as much as I do!!
As always, let me know if you give these a try 🙂 and don’t forget to tag @actually_alexandra