Before I was a ~health nut~ I used to bring Oreo cookie truffles to every fam get together, and they were always a HIT. Everyone loved em, buuuuut… they were far from healthy.
Although I can’t even eat these right now because of SIBO, I still wanted to try and recreate an old fav in a healthier way. My 13 year old nephew – who usually won’t even touch my creations – gave these a 10/10 and said they were amazing. SO I’m taking his word for it 😉
Try these Peanut butter chocolate chip cookie truffles and see fo yoself!! They’re grain free, gluten free, and can be made vegan/dairy free too!
- 1 box simple mills chocolate chip cookies
- 1/2 tub (or 4 oz) of organic cream cheese – for vegan/dairy free, use I used Kite Hill “cream cheese”
- 3-4 big spoonfuls of peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- Dark chocolate of choice (or melt 1/2 cup coconut oil and mix in 1/2 cup cacao to make DIY chocolate)
- Crush the box of cookies to form cookie crumbs
- In a bowl, mix the crumbs with the cream cheese and peanut butter until everything is well combined (easiest to do by hand)
- Form into balls. Refrigerate/freeze for 10 mins
- Melt chocolate. Cover cookie balls in melted chocolate.
- Freeze/refrigerate again for 10 mins.
*Chocolate will melt easier if you add 1 tbs coconut oil
**Add honey to the cookie mixture if you want them extra sweet!
Tag me in your creations! @actually_alexandra