I took a poll on my Instagram stories the other day asking if you guys would rather this recipe or a recipe for orange cream coconut butter cups first… can you guess what the winner was?!? Don’t worry, the others will be coming soon!!
I also asked if you guys prefer recipe posts to just get to the point and share the recipe.. instead of making it like a full blog post, and the verdict was YES. I’m the same way you guys, no worries. When I go to a blog post for a recipe.. all I want is the recipe, no jibber jabber. Just gimme the ingredients and instructions – I scroll past the rest, no shame!
So, in the means of givin you guys whatchya want, we’re making this short and sweet!
If you like York Peppermint Patties. You are going to LOVE these guys! A healthier take on a classic.. with minimal sugar and LOTSA taste. Perfect for this time of year!
- 2 cups shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp honey (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract (start with 1/4 and add a drop at a time. A little goes a LONG way)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Your favorite dark chocolate (I like Eating Evolved) ***see notes
- Optional: crushed candy canes or peppermint candies
*** I make my own chocolate by melting 1/2 cup coconut oil or cacao butter and mix in 1/2 cup cacao powder (and honey if you want it sweet!!)
- Melt 1/2 of your chocolate (will be easier if you add 1 tbs coconut oil!) see notes
- Line the bottom of mini cupcake tins with a later of the melted chocolate and place in the freezer.
- In a food processor, place the shredded coconut and pulse until smooth. Stopping every minute or so to scrape down the sides. Add a few tbs of coconut oil to speed the process up and make it smoother!!
- Once smooth, add in peppermint extract, vanilla extract, and honey.
- Remove chocolate from freezer and place a spoonful of the coconut butter on top of each. Place back in freezer for 10 mins.
- After 10 mins, melt the other half of your chocolate and pour over the coconut butter
- Place back in fridge or freezer and you’re done!
Note: I like the bottom layer of chocolate to be thin, so I melt a little less than 1/2 of my chocolate.
FOR MY SIBOers & SCD friends – To make these SIBO friendly, I jut freeze the coconut butter without the chocolate and its still super yummy!!
Happy holidays friends! Enjoy 🙂
Tag me in your creations! @actually_alexandra