Strawberry. Ice cream. Peanut butter cups.
May sound like a weird combo but DAYUMMM are these thangs good. The idea to make these came into my head MONTHS ago. Not sure why I’m just getting around to it now but better late than never right??!?
This recipe is nutritious, DELICIOUS, and you NEED to make em.
STRAWBERRY ICECREAM PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
WHAT YOU WILL NEED– Food processor, mini cupcake baking papers
Ingredients- this made about 17 for me
3 bananas – FROZEN. Wait till they’re really ripe and toss them in the freezer. They need to be frozen for at least 30 mins before making this, but longer is fine too
1 bar of baking chocolate– I used Theo 70% dark chocolate. For the antioxidants, 70% dark or above is best.
6 Large Strawberries – frozen or fresh will work
1 heaping scoop Nuzest Strawberry plant based protein – Personally, I think this makes the whole recipe BUT feel free to omit this and just add more strawberries for taste. (use code ALLIESEATS at checkout for 15% off of your purchase)
1/2 – 3/4 cup Unsweetened coconut milk– If you do not use the protein powder, you won’t need as much liquid, just add it slowly. If you do use the protein, you may need more for blending purposes. Almond or cashew milk will work as well.
Optional, but HIGHLY recommended
Peanut butter- I use Teddie Peanut butter, always
1-2 TBS Coconut oil- for melting the chocolate
- Break 1/2 of the baking bar into pieces. Place in a bowl with 1 TBS coconut oil and melt, stirring after every 30 seconds.
- Pour melted chocolate into the bottom of the cupcake papers, make sure you put enough in to fill the bottom , and some.
- Let the partially filled cupcake papers freeze for at least 10 minutes
- In a food processor, combine the 3 banana to form an “ice-cream” like texture.
- Add the strawberries and combine more.
- Add the protein powder and the coconut milk. Process until creamy and smooth. Should take about 3-5 minutes.
- If you are adding peanut butter (I did, but some people think it’s a weird combo so feel free to skip this step), add about 1 teaspoon on top of the frozen chocolate
- Place a heaping scoop of the “Ice-cream” on top of the chocolate in the partially filled cups. Press down with the back of your spoon.
- Let those freeze again for about half an hour.
- Once that is frozen, melt the rest of your chocolate bar.
- Pour the chocolate into the cupcake cups, enough to cover the “ice-cream” (if you’re inpatient like me, skip step 10 and pour the chocolate on before they are frozen again)
- Freeze.. again! Should be ready within 30 mins
Leave these in the freezer and ENJOY! Let them defrost for about 5 mins before eating! I wanted to top them with granola for some crunch, but I ran out. Feel free to add a lil crunch to the top if you’d like, I think it’d be super yummy! 🙂
If you’d like to order yourself some NUZEST plant based protein powder, click the link http://www.nuzest-usa.com/shop/clean-lean-protein-tub/ref/95/ and use my code ALLIESEATS at checkout. I can’t say enough about this stuff, it’s so so good and has great ingredients. I’ve tried every flavor and I love em all 🙂
Thanks for reading guys! As always, let me know if you give this a try 🙂